I'm fine here in Varanasi, India. Of course, I'm (and everyone in India)shocked. Security is being constantly talked about in tourist hotels, but there doesn't seem to be any threats or people worried that it will happen here. I've been glued to the news and shaken to the core about what happened in Mumbai(Bombay). Indian people I spoke to are deeply saddened about the events and the impact about tourism, especially in the approaching high season.
We all know, unfortunately, that our lives can change in instant. We have to cherish the moments.
Anyway, I know that many people are concerned about me and I deeply appreciate it.
I'm leaving tomorrow to go back to Nepal.
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Steve glad to here you are okay. I have been checking the site a few times a day. Good to see your entry today. Some advice, walk in the shadows, travel the no/low budget route as no one will suspect a 60 year old american will travel that way unless they read this blog then all I can say is sorry I exposed you. Peace out Loren
Hi Steve
We are so relieved that you are okay, and doing well. Enjoy the last part of your journey.
Love, Marie and Gary
Hi Steve,
Good to know you are fine and surrounded by good people. See you soon.
Ed
Dear Marco: Glad to hear all is well and you are moving on to Nepal. Let us know your travel plans and sticking to the "below stars accommodations" seems to be working for you. Just your style! Be safe and let's try to increase your communications on this blog! All the best, brother!
Gary
Hi Steve, we are all relieved.I guess Loren is not aware of your travel habits,like back pack and cheap.Love. Fethi
Fethi
I have traveled with steve on several no/low budget journeys. I was making the suggestion as a fact. Long ago when I was just a boy traveling with steve we learn the difference between best price and last price. Just wanted to let you know I was only teasing Mr. Kass. Loren
Post a Comment